For the second time in his career Cousins had a Week 17

Tutaj możemy się przedstawić
zhangzk

For the second time in his career Cousins had a Week 17

Postautor: zhangzk 13 gru 2019, 7:28

Washington running back Adrian Peterson has proven he can still be productive Dwayne Haskins Redskins Jersey , and has continued to set high goals for himself.But as he gets closer to the end of a strong career, he’s thinking about the end, and who he wants to end it with.According to Ben Goessling of the , the former Vikings MVP said he wants to return to his original team when it’s time to retire.“This is where I started; this is where it’s going to come to an end, as well,” Peterson said. “People ask me all the time, and they keep throwing me off, like, ‘Where would I retire? A Saint, a Cardinal or a Redskin?’ It’s like, ‘No, I’m going to retire a Viking.’ I was here a decade — some great memories, some everlasting friends. I’m just forever indebted to the state of Minnesota. I’ll definitely be retiring a Viking https://www.theredskinslockerroom.com/authentic-dwayne-haskins-jersey , for sure.”Peterson ran for 11,747 yards in 10 seasons in Minnesota, and has 1,571 yards in the three years since he left, so it seemed like an easy call. But he said any hard feelings that might have existed after his release have dissipated.“I believe I gave my heart to the state of Minnesota and my fans, anytime I stepped on the field,” he said. “It’s not like I left on bad terms, like we fell out. Things just didn’t work; they went their way, I went my way. It was just kind of mutually beneficial, for me and for them.”Gaining 1,042 yards at age 33 last season suggests it might be a few years before he’s ready to cash in on that goodwill, however. Kirk Cousins, despite periodic bouts of Michael Scottishness on social media Womens Dwayne Haskins Jersey , has found true self-awareness when it comes to assessing his football fortunes.“I’m pretty much a .500 quarterback in my career so far and I don’t think that’s where you want to be and that’s not why you are brought in or people are excited about you,” Cousins admitted last month.He’s actually just below .500 for his career, with 34 wins, 37 losses, and a pair of ties. During Cousins’ first season with the Vikings, a Week Two tie against the Packers kept him barely above .500, finishing 8-7-1. home game against a division rival that already had clinched a playoff berth, and yet he couldn’t deliver.Yes, quarterbacks get too much credit when things go well and too much blame when things go poorly. But when a quarterback gets two years of franchise-player salary and then a three-year, fully-guaranteed $84 million deal, the bar moves considerably higher. Cousins failed to get over it in 2018.Will he in 2019? Reasons exist for optimism Dwayne Haskins Jersey White , based on the retention of offensive coordinator Kevin Stefanski, a recommitment to the running game fueled by the arrival of Gary Kubiak as an offensive consultant, the drafting of center Garrett Bradbury, the full health of running back Dalvin Cook, the decision to devote a second-round pick on tight Irv Smith, and the ability to retain veteran tight end Kyle Rudolph. The defense still has plenty of potency, and an improved offense will make the defense even better.But it all comes down to Cousins. He needs to not just generate big statistics, but to make big throws in big moments to deliver big wins, especially in prime time, when the Vikings are scheduled to play five of their 16 games.Winning at night — and against the likes of the Bears and the Packers — will go a long way toward determining whether Cousins can lift himself, and his team, above .500 and into the postseason.

Wróć do „Moja historia”